Thursday, April 8, 2010

The nature to impress

Yearning for the ability to impress is one's nature. Many chose to walk on this path, without knowing what they has actually stepped on . Some gained it easily, some never does, yet some has forgotten how to.
Sometimes, to impress others is easy, you spend 1 hour of your time digging out vocabs, rephrasing, forming a piece of literature that you don't even understand fully, a philosophy that you don't agree with entirely. Then you expect and wait for agreements to come, compliments that will come soon after, comply with theories that does not even stand for your heart. You may impress others, they are fools to you, fools who don't understand you, but can you possibly impress yourself with that? I sincerely doubt it, I don't doubt your statement, I doubt you.
My world, I feel sad for you.
People, how much do you understand about the word "impress"?
Dictionary.com has so to say
1.to affect deeply or strongly in mind or feelings; influence in opinion.
2.to fix deeply or firmly on the mind or memory, as ideas or facts.
Remember that sentence "some has forgotten how to impress"? Pardon me, I am referring to myself.
Notice that I have deleted many of my previous posts? I did it without much hesitation.
Pardon me again, the me now can no longer agree to the me before. You may want to call this evolution, but I don't, I don't give an excuse for myself. I call it awakening, from a long sleep I shouldn't have been in. How refreshing it is now. I have someone to thank.
I am used to impressing other people most of my life, sometimes I impresses naturally, sometimes I don't. Question me. I wanted to impress, I once yearned to..like any of you that might be reading this, I learned to impress, and now I am forsaking what I learned?
Hmm... what an irony. Let it stop just as an irony, because it is. I can provide no explaination for this, following my heart and mind is my priority all along, I don't answer to anybody.
To me, an essay that is only written to impress does not impress, no matter how high marks it might get in an exam, a statement that is made up of vocabs does not necessary impress as well, they should best be placed in the recycle bin. They have no values in them.
Reason? They are not written with a heart. Sometimes they just look so fake, made up for all the wrong reason.
Let us go back to what dictionary.com said just now.
To affect deeply or strongly in mind or feelings? to fix deeply or firmly on the mind or memory, as ideas or facts?
I questioned myself before, now let me question you, can you possibly influence others,deeply, firmly, strongly when you are not even aware fully of what you say or write? Let me guess, for most of you, your answer is a yes. Then a yes it is, congratulations you can join politics, give your followers your empty words, blind promises and let the world rot in your hand. I will be glad to observe from behind.

As of now, I do not write to impress, I write as a reminder, I write for myself. I am being sarcastic as usual, to the one part of me before and to lots of people out there ( a lot, I can't stop counting)
I don't ask for forgiveness if this insults, instead I beg for you to turn away, go to facebook twitters whatever you call and you will find tonnes of such things, but first let me impress you with a theory :
Indulgence is an addiction, an addiction that hypnotize, a dream that ravages, a poison that take over your senses and soon put you over eternal infatuation. To impress is not an urge, rather a reward; a thing not earned by defying honesty, sincerity, rather a gift granted by holding on to your perception and heart. Learn by heart, learn by soul, not by giving empty words. Empty words accounts for an empty soul, a rubbish that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment