Sunday, May 2, 2010

When ego vs reality

It is time for a new post . Are you ready?
First of all, this is not a story of a superhero trashing hundreds or thousands of villians, nor is it a local hero defending his culture adaption story.
Worth mentioning, watched IPman 2, a great movie. Salute.
This is real life, where we deal with failures and restrictions that limits our personal ideals.
Ya, I mean watching a movie is easy, even if the moral behind is great, how much do you understand if you does not experience it yourself?
Talking is always an easy task, quoting is even far easier. Problem is, how far can you make your words count? Or rather, how far is it applicable in life?
That is how I define Ego. I guess every people who succeeded in life had a lot of faith and determination with their own ego. I did say life is about how far you apply your thoughts and ideals into your daily rhythm.
Maybe Albert Eistein once had an ego of surpassing Isaac Newton?
Hmmm... okay, forget it..that was a blind guess, a smart one maybe. Who knows if I am actually correct?
As a person who thinks deep and far, my ego is flooded with a lot of complicated theories. Of course, some are removed over time as they are not applicable.
BUT, of course on the other hand they are replaced with newer ones. It is like a cycle. That is what I learned from one of my subjects, Process System Analysis.

Net Accumulation = + Generation - Disappearance .
See. That is what I said, applying theories into real situation. GRIN.
As of now, I do have some personal egoes to share, this time real ones, not just like those engkanged b4.
My goal is to score,
my aim is an average of 90 mark by the end of the year,
my dream is not to have one, a dream is pure hallucination, not encouragement, it only delays the progress.
Ohya, I forgot to mention the reason I want an average 90 mark.. How would I be so desperate if it isn't to upgrade my scholarship to 100%? So seductive..
And now the reality, the complications. Judging by the condition we are put into now, getting a 90 for some subjects are seemingly impossible.
My mid-sem exams are just over.
Some of the mid-sems are sweet deserts, like a baby being spoonfed, pampered..
Not to boast, but I scored a 100 in the Maths mid-sem in less than half of the given time. That sounds absurd, and there are a long list who scored the same mark. Not spoonfeeding?
But others are merciless killers.
Either way, it is not good. But things are certainly getting more interesting.
My ego is to WIN. I am kiasu, I need competition to get BETTER. It is a motivation. It is a disgrace not to win when you had the chance to.
In my dictionary, there is nothing writen "fear of being compared upon". I certainly don't understand many people out there who felt overwhelmed due to comparison to a better person. Wouldn't that simply means you are trying to follow another person's shadow? I do not have such intentions, do not comprehend either.
Let me remind you about the definition of a competition : If you don't win, you lose. Winning is a priority, an acknowledgement, losing is a sign that you need to get better. It is a natural progress, I have had it countless times. Make it a habit.

So there is it, my target , a 90. If I have a sniper, I did give it a headshot straight away. Apparently, firearms are forbidden in Malaysia. How sad.
Still, it does not end my hunt. The hunt has just begun.
After half a day of sleeping, it is finally time to go to sleep again.
*Hunting in extra relax mode.*
Shake head.

2 comments:

  1. i still don't get the idea of impression ph1 4 7... zzz...

    haha

    no one likes to be being compared
    it's like comparing oranges to apples
    there are no point complaining

    however
    you should make it specific
    we compare the progress and 'process', for instance, one small part achievement which we call results
    we can't compare looks and so forth
    but we do can compare the negligible milestones that scattered along the way

    some are kiasu who indulge themselves in pure fantasies without actions
    be sympathetic with them
    you know they can't even make a good promise with themselves


    and lastly
    present a post from my friend's blog

    i think you will like it

    http://steveooi.blogspot.com/2009/10/war.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every person thinks differently.
    Comparing? That is not exactly the whole thing.What matters is, the reason of comparing, the motive and the results.
    To me, I am PERFECTLY fine if one compares another for the sake of learning, but if you come to me and tell me " my mum thinks that who and who....bla bla", I will suggest that person to tell her mum to compare herself 1st.That is not life.
    That is how I think. When I don't like I will just say it out.Sometimes in a really bad way. That is the purpose of me writing. Complaining is a sissy's job. Not mine.. I hope people do take notice and learn.
    Anyway thanks,and for the link, I will be sure to take a look when I am free.Thanks agn.
    As for pH 1,4,7 they are nothing more than applying chemistry into real life. That is what makes life fun.

    ReplyDelete